Monday, May 24, 2010

Odgen Marathon

On May 15th, 2010 I ran the Ogden Marathon with Joe and Brandi. It was my first marathon and it was alot of fun. I finished in 4 hours, 11 minutes. I took 898th place overall. We went up Friday evening before the race and stayed in the Marriott just a few blocks from the finish line. Erin accompanied us and was at the finish line taking pictures with my parents and Joe and Brandi's kids. Erin took care of us after the race as we were quite sore. She drove us home, bought some ice for our ice baths, and even bought our dinner. It was a great experience and am looking forward to next year. A big thanks to Erin's sisters and parents who took care of our kids too. This photo was taken my Zazoosh photography. There were photographers posted along the race and I purchased this from zazoosh.com. If you visit zazoosh.com, you can search our pictures to view by our bib numbers. Mine is 3960. Visit Joe and Brandi's blog for more details. Their blog has some of the pictures that Erin and my parents took. Their blog link is on the right hand side.

4 comments:

The Real Jim Heywood said...

In this photo it looks like you're in first place!

Mother of Eight said...

Anyone who runs a marathon is first place in my book!

Bryan & Bobbie said...

That's totally awesome. Running marathons is no joke. It take a lot of work to prepare and then to complete. Good job.

joeheywood said...

I pulled a fast one on Dave when I hid in a porta potty and then ran past him at Mile 15.