
These pictures were taken with my camera phone. November 8th, Thursday at 7pm BYU played TCU. There were a lot of exciting moments, but again, Max Hall seemed off. Near the end of the game was scary when they let TCU creep back into it. It was exciting though. Eric was my date for the game and we had a lot of fun. Gooch left in the 3rd quarter and did not return. Unga was shut down as well as others at the line. Max Hall was off. We had a couple of big plays that were really exciting. Other than that, I really don't know how we pulled it off. But that is what I like about Sports I guess. You never know what is going to happen. Glad Eric could come to the game with me. Thanks to Joe for moving away!
4 comments:
I watched the game on Versus. I got out my Book of Mormon during the 4th quarter when the game seemed to be in hand. I ended up only reading about 4 verses before I threw the book at the couch and started yelling at the T.V. Then, when we won, I was so worked up, I couldn't read anymore and had to go to bed. I love BYU football.
By the way, if you didn't see the game, when Gooch went down, one of those big plastic microphones with the dishes was right next to him, listened to him sceaming for about 2-3 minutes. He was just screaming and yelling - it was really creepy. When the trainers arrived, he screamed his "knee was gone." I think he blew it out. I thought they would cut away from the screaming, but they left the mic on. It got to the point where I wanted them to cut the sound.
Great game. Rise and Shout baby!
I'm ticked I missed the huggy time with Dave. You little rascals.
Another point about the game. We won because of 2 things. First, I watched Max Hall all night, and he was doing an excellent job of stepping around in the pocket, feeling the rush and avoiding it. He made some bigtime plays, but he struggled at times trying to switch his mind from "avoid rush" to "find a receiver downfield." This is typical of young quarterbacks. I'm just glad he finally didn't fumble and learned to avoid a lot of sacks. He still chucked the piggy for 300+ yards. Nice.
The second thing is the linebackers were freaking awesome. In fact, the entire defense was great. The only long drive for a TD by TCU was the 96 yarder, and Bronco said after the game that he went too conservative on that drive with his defensive "prevent" packages. The next drive they blitzed 4 straight times and the game ended.
My only worry is Brian Johnson scrambling around on us in the Utah game. The dude can run, and we struggle with that.
Hey, the Vegas Bowl is on a Saturday. Somebody land some tickets and we'll go!
No mention whatsoever of psycho chick. HER game was off too.
The game was awesome though! I got all stoked for thanksgiving football! I want to QB more this year. I've been practicing. Oh how I've been practicing.
Thanks for the ticket and the two pages of memories in my diary.
-Eric
Great photo (the outside of the stadium one)!
I watched every minute. I agree with most of what has been said above. I thought TCU's defense made a lot of mistakes but also did a lot of shutting us down (if that makes any sense) - even, as Dave pointed out, Unga was shut down except for a a few good plays. I don't know who's more fun to watch: Pitta, Collie, or Unga (or should I say Kehl, Poppinga, or Jorgensen?). Good times.
Post a Comment