Saturday, October 27, 2007

Oct. 2007 Deer Hunt

Eric glassing for Bucks on Opening day! Dave glassing for Bucks on opening day! Not seeing anything yet...so I struck a pose to kill the time! Friday morning, Oct. 26th...Sittin on my ridge before sunrise. Can't beat doin this! Friday evening, Oct. 26th...Hard work paid off...Beautiful four point buck! Thanks to Dad, Eric, and Joe... we spotted a buck at about 6pm. It took me four shots. He never turned broadside, and was surrounded by trees, so I took my shots with him facing away from me. The first two shots missed. The third shot hit his antlers and sent him in a scurry, got confused and ran in circles. Fourth shot, kill!

7 comments:

Bryan & Bobbie said...

SWEET!! I love hunting stories. I want to go so bad.

joeheywood said...

It was a great day of hunting - elk, 2 deer down, fam. Dave couldn't post a picture of my buck because he didn't have a wide-angle lens.

The Real Jim Heywood said...

Dave forgot to mention the distance his 7mm projectile travelled to take his buck down. I estimate 400-500 yards. It was an awsome shot.

Anonymous said...

Bryan: you were there with me Bryan. Every step of the way. *tear*

Joe: fam comes after elk and deer?! You're dead to me.

Father: the shot was...I must say it...SWEET ACTION MAJACTION!!

joeheywood said...

On the way home to Arizona from the hunt and visiting, I tossed 3 fruit roll-ups into the back seat for the kids. They all hit Annie in the head and after she distributed them, she said, "Mom, dad's throwing candy at us like we're a bunch of little animals."

Animals are fam, bro. Just check your butt hair.

Bryan & Bobbie said...

I have heard from some very reliable sources that Joe's buck was a, shall we say 'nice for an amateur hunter' size deer. And the only reason for the wide-angle lens would be to include all of Joe's stout chubbiness.

Eric: when I read it I hugged my computer. *tears*

Anonymous said...

Joe:My mane, or 'butt hair' as you so call it, in no way denotes me as an animal. I see it as my status, or ranking if you will, as alpha male.

Bryan:I wouldn't say a 'nice for amateur deer' size. I'd say, if we were fishing and not hunting, I would have either thrown Joe's deer back, or put in on my hook for bait.

-Eric