The trip was a success. We had no major incidents, and our Metro DC liason took really good care of us. I am honored to be a part of the good group of guys selected for this day in history. Long hours, no sleep, and miserably cold weather...but was extremely grateful for this opportunity. These are only a few pictures from my camera. I need to get the pictures from the other troopers still, but these will do for now...
4 comments:
I think it is really great that you volunteered to do that. What a great opportunity.
On the
List of Coolest Things I've Ever Done
this has got to rank right near the top.
By the way, is that Joe Biden behind you in the second photo?
Awesome, I want to go to DC someday. It sure looks cold. If it's anything like Iowa is this time of year, than I'm sure you felt like your very bones were going to freeze and shatter. I don't like the cold. Did you get to tour the Whitehouse?
That's so cool! I didn't even know you guys were going. I bet that's something you'll remember for the rest of your lives.
Post a Comment