Thursday, January 29, 2009

Moab

On Friday we made a last minute decision to head down to Joe and Brandi's for the night. We arrived Friday evening just in time for dinner. The kiddos played while we talked for hours. Joe and I finally gave up and went to bed around midnight or so. Erin and Brandi hung out for another couple hours or so. On Saturday, we headed up to Arches National Park to hike Delicate Arch. It is a 1 1/2 mile one way hike. So I was weary about bringing Luke along for a three miler. But he did awesome. I had to carry him a little on the way back. I believe he hiked about 2 1/2 miles on his own. After that we returned for lunch. After the feast, Joe and I, accompanied by Luke and James, headed out for a drive. The pilot did well on its first adventure into Moab backcountry. We will have to return for a full days ride. We headed back for Orem that night and were greeted with a crappy drive home. We had fog from Moab to price, which slowed us down. Then just outside of Price, we hit a severe snow storm. We were driving on unplowed roads due to the snow dropping so thick that visibility was only about 10 feet. We finally arrived to Spanish Fork where it turned to rain and pulled into our driveway around 2330 hours. Fun little trip until the drive home.

6 comments:

joeheywood said...

I forgot you had that stroke until I saw the last picture.

How's it going with that? You gonna be alright?

Bryan & Bobbie said...

Those are great pictures. I really like the one with Luke and James almost silhouetted on the arch. I wish we lived close enough to makes short random trips like these. ahh the memories.

Bryan & Bobbie said...

Those are great pictures. I really like the one with Luke and James almost silhouetted on the arch. I wish we lived close enough to makes short random trips like these. ahh the memories.

Scott and Mandi said...

I love all your pictures...especially the last one.

Mandi

Shelly Johnson said...

That sounds like a fun trip. I hiked that trail this summer. Luke did a great job if he hiked most of it! I would be afraid to take that last loop around on the ledge covered with snow and the drop off on the other side. What great pictures though.

The Real Jim Heywood said...

Love the photos. In the background I see an arch that looks really delicate. Does it have a name?