I ran (and completed) in three sepearate races this summer. In May, I ran the Ogden Marathon with Joe. This is becoming an annual tradition for us. John started it all by running the Salt Lake City marathon a few years back, then he disappeared into the couch potato world...haha, jk John. Joe has run the Ogden marathon four times now? The first two were solo, then last year I ran my first marathon with him. Anyhow, Second marathon down...(pics below)

Below: In June I ran the Ragnar Wasatch Back with a UHP team. This is a 12 man team relay race covering about 192 miles. I was in Van 1, runner one. Which meant I was lucky enough to start us off. 34 hours later, we were finished. Over these two days, was so much fun. It was extremely tiresome at times, but the fun times shared with teammates( and co-workers) diminished how tiring it really was.

Left to right: Kelsey(civilian), Dispatcher Ashley, me, Tpr. Hawkes, Tpr Colvin, Tpr. Hopper

Below: In July, while Erin was on her New Mexico Trip(earlier post), I ran the Morgan marathon with brothers Joe and John. I hadn't really ran since my Ragnar race and I was worried on how this race would turn out. It ended up being super fun. All three of us hadn't really trained for this, so we decided to run a 10 minute pace. It worked pretty good. The fun times of running together really helped mentally on how exhausted we were until the end. John even stopped a few times to pick up tools in the road or shoulder and stuffed them in his cute little fanny pack. We ran together the entire race except for the last mile. John broke our commitment to cross the finish line together and ditched Joe and I the last mile. He ended up finishing a mere four minutes faster than us. Hope it was worth it John...hahaha

I'm done running for awhile, but it was fun and a great goal to accomplish for me. I've decided that running is a mental thing. I can push my body as hard as I want if my mind will allow it!
No comments:
Post a Comment