The other day I was driving in to work and was thinking: "It has been awhile since I got a seatbelt ticket." Sure enough a few minutes later someone generous to help me out with this small dilema entered I-15 at 7200 South and crossed over the gore area to the left. And sure enough, he was not wearing a seatbelt. Which normally I would have just let him go, but it was on my mind and seatbelt being a secondary offense, I now had probable cause to stop and cite.
So I did...During stop, I approached vehicle and stated who I was and the reason for the stop. Driver then notified me that he did not have his license with him...ha whatever. I asked if he did not have it with him? or is it suspended? he stated it was suspended. I returned to my car with his name and DOB to issue him a citation. Turns out, He had a Suspended license, no insurance, and five warrants out for his arrest totalling about $10,000. I hooked him. During search of his vehicle, I found a pipe used for smoking marijuana as well. I live for this job!!! All I was itching for was a seatbelt violation and what did I find? Seatbelt violation, crossed over gore, no insurance, driving on suspended license, drug paraphernelia, and FIVE warrants. Then, as we were driving to the jail...he confessed to smoking weed yesterday and I was too late. I advised him that even though he may not be high right now...It is still in your system and if I took a blood test, I could charge you with that as well. Retard, had no idea it stayed in your system for days at a time. But, I did not draw blood. I had enough to deal with...
So he is cuffed in my car and we are heading to the jail talking. Being the genious that he is, tells me that: "if it weren't for guys like me, you wouldn't even have a job." I responded with: "Lucky for me, there are plenty of you out there. I want to thank you." I then reached over to shake his hand.... I chuckled! "Sorry, steel bracelets come with the job." It suddenly got quiet and enjoyed silence the rest of the way to the jail...
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Funny story!
The other day I was driving in to work and was thinking: "It has been awhile since I got a seatbelt ticket." Sure enough a few minutes later someone generous to help me out with this small dilema entered I-15 at 7200 South and crossed over the gore area to the left. And sure enough, he was not wearing a seatbelt. Which normally I would have just let him go, but it was on my mind and seatbelt being a secondary offense, I now had probable cause to stop and cite.
So I did...During stop, I approached vehicle and stated who I was and the reason for the stop. Driver then notified me that he did not have his license with him...ha whatever. I asked if he did not have it with him? or is it suspended? he stated it was suspended. I returned to my car with his name and DOB to issue him a citation. Turns out, He had a Suspended license, no insurance, and five warrants out for his arrest totalling about $10,000. I hooked him. During search of his vehicle, I found a pipe used for smoking marijuana as well. I live for this job!!! All I was itching for was a seatbelt violation and what did I find? Seatbelt violation, crossed over gore, no insurance, driving on suspended license, drug paraphernelia, and FIVE warrants. Then, as we were driving to the jail...he confessed to smoking weed yesterday and I was too late. I advised him that even though he may not be high right now...It is still in your system and if I took a blood test, I could charge you with that as well. Retard, had no idea it stayed in your system for days at a time. But, I did not draw blood. I had enough to deal with...
So he is cuffed in my car and we are heading to the jail talking. Being the genious that he is, tells me that: "if it weren't for guys like me, you wouldn't even have a job." I responded with: "Lucky for me, there are plenty of you out there. I want to thank you." I then reached over to shake his hand.... I chuckled! "Sorry, steel bracelets come with the job." It suddenly got quiet and enjoyed silence the rest of the way to the jail...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That's awesome! I started thinking how lame the thought of being pulled over for a seat belt is...after reading the whole story however, I have changed my mind, pull them all over, maybe you can get more of those idiots off of the road. Good come back too David. -Brett
I love these stories. Keep them coming.
I would have tasered him for being alive.
Radical story. I shared it with the guys at work. John
I love reading your stories. This is a good one.
Post a Comment