So a few years back when I worked on the BYU Grounds crew. Wait, it was 6 or 7 years ago. Dang, I am getting old. Anyway, I often packed a lunch. We were living in the basement apartment of Erin's Grandma. She had some grape vines along her fence and the side of the house. Every summer she would pick the grapes, steam them, then bottle the juice. She would bottle them in one and two quart jars. At this time, I had been around the Williams family for about 6 years(four years dating, two married), so grapejuice was in my blood by this point. It was at nearly all the family occasions, and it was so delicious. Anyway, I packed my lunches for work and decided to take a jar of the lovely grapejuice. I was laying pavers near the front area of the entrance to the MTC. It was about an hour or so after lunch, and I all of a sudden felt sicker than poo. I didn't feel like vomiting, but my stomach had that deep pain, like a massive fart was building up. I got so bad, I had to go home. Upon arrival of my residence, the door was locked. Grandma was not home, and I now knew I had to get to the toilet or there was gonna be trouble. Thank goodness it was summer time, with no A/C. Our bedroom window was open. I kicked in the screen, dove in the window, landing on our bed and scrambled for the bathroom. It was like a firehose out my colon. Remember the diarhea scene on Dumb and Dumber? This was pretty similiar. Well, it turns out that the one and two quart grapejuice jars are pure grapes. They have not been diluted yet. I had only drank the juice out of a pitcher before and just assumed it was a few jars in there. But no way, JOSE! Ya gots to add water and a little sugar first. So I had just drank one quart of natures Ex lax. Not good, not good at all.
Well, the jars you see below are from our garden. Erin picked them, steamed them, and bottled the juice. So now I know to dilute those pupppies before swiggin em.
6 comments:
I love it when you tease us with only a few details, but can you be more graphic in your descriptions? 'cuz I'm having a hard time picturing this.
Maybe you'll bring some over and you can reenact it for us.
I remember my worst diarrhea attack. It was on a first date. Probably the most embarrassing moment as well. You'll have to refer to my blog for the details (#31 on the following post: http://mikeylikesbeingmike.blogspot.com/2008/09/interesting-things-about-me.html) I understand the panic of thinking you're not going to make it. That's got to be one of the most uncomfortable things in life. Some of the funniest too, though.
Save some of that juice for me, I would love to try some. I love grape juice. I love challenges too.
This Christmas, bring those jars. Each of the bros (and Dad) get's one jar that has to be chugged in 15 minutes. Whoever holds their poo the longest gets a special prize.
Like a new pair of underwear.
I'll bring them...but won't be participating. Having already experienced what it can really do. NO Thanks!!!
Gotta love brotherly competition.
Especially for king of the throne. You guys are all class. Back of the class, but all class still the same.
Carrie
Post a Comment