
I sat down sometime after returning from church to read a book with Luke. It had pictures or different rooms in a house. It was designed to find objects a certain color or a certain shape. One of the shapes was a heart. It reminded me of Grandpa Heywood and I would love to hear him say "Whatever you heart desires." Especially when asking about treats.
Well, when I finished the book. We headed upstairs to make some chocolate chip cookies. And ofcourse, one of the things Grandpa taught us best, was that Cool Whip makes them that much better!
I love you Grandpa!!!
5 comments:
I am too young to remember most of the stories people talk about, but this one is one I do remember. Grandpa had such a sweet tooth, it was great. Bobbie and I just bought chips to make some cookies, I think now we will after drooling over these pictures.
Ahhh the memories. In his old age he succumbed to the "ease" of Cool Whip. But the original tradition - and far better - calls for real whipped cream - using the heaviest cream one can find and whipped with just the right amount of sugar and real vanilla in a chilled mixing bowl. Wowzers.
Bryan, this is exactly the kind of thing that should replace one of the cellophane-wrapped-7-11-type-candies that populate your Top Five Desserts of all time? :)
Brett introduced me to cool whip and chocolate chip cookies, I have to say it's quite a tasty treat. Nice to know where the tradition comes from.
I like otter pops.
-Eric
Every time I see this entry I want more cookies and whip cream. I love them so much.
Post a Comment