Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Grandma Ashmore

Hey guys, just so you all know... Grandma underwent surgery early this morning at the U. It is 1500 hours and I haven't heard from them yet... No news is good news! I'm assuming it went well and will keep yal posted. Just thought you wanted to know... keep them in your prayers! Bye yal!

9 comments:

Dave Heywood said...

Molly underwent surgery today as well... They forgot to tell me that she wasn't going with them. I went down stairs to do some laundry and she startled me. Poor thing got zapped with my taser. She screamed just like John and Joe did when 50,000 volts hit em. the surgery performed was... Remove all singed or burnt hair. Which was pretty much all of it. They don't know yet, so help me come up with a good lie, I mean story!

Dave Heywood said...

UPDATE: Grandpa came home about 1600 hours. Said Grandma's surgery is complete, however, she is in ICU. During the surgery, she lost 2 liters of blood. Keep her in your prayers!

johnsun said...

I think "scream" is an overexaggeration. I was yelling with gratiude for the experience. John

Dave Heywood said...

UPDATE: Grandma is out of ICU and seems to have color back. She is doing well and they believe she will be home on Saturday.

joeheywood said...

Yes, scream is a misrepresentation. I was calling out for a glass of cool water to sip while you tazed me.

Dave Heywood said...

UPDATE: Grandma will not be home on Saturday. She is having some minor complications. Grandpa said they are considering a nursing home for a few weeks because of the care she will need for these complications. If you want more details, call me or grandpa! keep praying for grandma!!!

The Real Jim Heywood said...

Actually, the conversation went this way.

Doctor: "Dave, your Grandma will have to be in a nursing home for the next two weeks unless you will change her diaper three times a day for those two weeks."
Dave, after returning to Grandma's room from the doctor's office: "Grandma, the doctor said you have to be in a nursing home for two weeks."

Dave Heywood said...

UPDATE: Grandma is on her way home...

Dave Heywood said...

Grandma is Home and in her own bed... Erin's brother Ben came over with a stair chair. I don't know if that is the proper term for it or not. But it is made for hauling someone up or down stairs rather easily. He is a Paramedic / Firefighter for Orem City. He was a big help. SEE YA!