Monday, October 27, 2008

Grandparents Ashmore in Arizona

For those of you who don't know. Grandma and Grandpa Ashmore moved to Arizona this last weekend. We loaded up the truck on Saturday, and headed for Page, Arizona. I drove the 24 foot truck while Gma and Gpa Ashmore followed in their car. Along the way, I listed to the second half of the BYU Football game. I almost lost control as the final minutes ticked away from another close game. It was awesome. I high fived the TV strapped to the seat next to me. Sorry, Grandparents. Hopefully it still works.On Sunday, we headed the rest of the way to Maricopa, Arizona. Joel and Rhonda live there, and Gma and Gpa Ashmore will be temporarily staying with them until they can find a house. I was served a fabulous dinner at Gabe's lovely house. I later headed over to Erin's house with her fam, of course to watch an episode of Amazing Race. Erin treated us to Root Beer floats. After returing to Joel and Rhondas at about 1100 or so. We played some pool upstairs and layed the smackdown. I first beat, Ryan. Then Joel. Then Rhonda. Will have to return a later date for a rematch. I flew back Monday, just in time for work.

9 comments:

The Real Jim Heywood said...

I dream of days like that.

Mother of Eight said...

Thanks to Dave and Erin for opening their home to Grandpa and Grandma Ashmore. Also, thanks to Dave for driving the truck to Arizona, instead of letting my dad do it. I really appreciate your generosity and kindness. I know you went above and beyond the call of duty (to family) with the many acts of service you rendered while they lived in your home. Love Ya! Mom

Dave Heywood said...

So how is dog duty mom? Oh, and thanks for that. I don't know if above and beyond is appropriate, but thanks. We got a lot in return: Love, occasional Luke relief, Luke babysitting, occasional pizza hut, never ending supply of Mountain Dew in their fridge, Occasional toys for Luke, and a few other things. I will miss them, but am glad to have the room. Our house just doubled in size. Awesome...I need a pool table with a Ping pong table top to switch back and forth.

joeheywood said...

I hope your airplane peanuts were satisfactory.

Bryan & Bobbie said...

Hey maybe I can move back in. I have a lot more stuff now that I'm married. Plus once Bobbie and I start having kids it will be like a little daycare downstairs. That would be so much fun!!!!

Mother of Eight said...

Did you say dog "duty" or dog "dootie"? Anyway, I will never have a house dog! Molly peed on the rug 5 times in the first two days she was here, and that was after taking her out every hour on the hour. Good thing we have a steam cleaner. Not fun...No poop on the carpet yet, so I guess that is something to be grateful for. She seems to have settled in though, even though we don't let her sleep in our bed. I am sure she misses her mom and dad...

Dave Heywood said...

psshh...everything costs money now on the flights. Nothing is free, not even the peanuts.
Mom...DUTY, just wondering how it was going. Seems like she does for you what she did at our house. We never had crap in the house. so you are safe there, but she does pee everywhere. I don't get it.
Bryan - Daycare would be fun, but for now. I am just gonna enjoy the full house and no offense, I don't want anybody living with me ever again. ha ha, you are more than welcome to visit anytime though. Stay a day, a week, but not a month or more.

The Real Jim Heywood said...

Hey Dave, we're thinking about coming by for a visit. Of maybe a month or more. We'll be bringing Molly with us.

Dave Heywood said...

Keyword - "thinking", because it will never happen.