On Friday, Joe traveled up for the weekend. We went out again in search for spikeys. Joe paired up with Dad and Eric paired up with me. Joe and Dad spotted a heard off in the distance but had no luck. Eric and I saw absolutely nothing.
On Saturday, I opted to stay home and then go to the BYU football game. Joe and Dad went out again and had a little luck. You will have to inquire from them the details, but they did spot a few herds. One with 27 cows and one mature bull. The other did have a spike in it and dad attempted to take it down but missed. I believe he got off four shots from about 450 yds.
On Monday, My dad and I headed out again. I work Tue, Wed, Thur so it was my last night. We decided to go somewhere we have not gone before which was suggested by Joe. It is a lookout point called Devil's Kitchen. A short walk along a paved trail from the parking lot ends on a wooded deck platform overlooking some Red cliff structures. We headed to that deck and from there decided to head over to a ridge off the paved trail. My dad went one direction, and I went another. As I headed off the paved trail headed down the hillside. I only got about 20 yds. and came upon a man laying under some pine trees. As I got closer, I observed it was a suicide. He had shot himself in the head with a handgun. HUNT was now over. I had my dad go take my cell phone and head down the canyon until he got service. He called Juab County Sheriff while I stayed to protect the crime scene from anyone coming to the lookout. By the time we finished with that incident, there was very little light left so we headed home again with still no ELK.
5 comments:
Holy shmolly!! not quite the ending I was expecting to read. I thought you were gonna surprise us with details of getting an elk, then post pictures later. That stinks for that poor man and his family.
Which one of the pictures is the suicide victim? The first one looks like he's in pretty bad shape. John
Not funny, John.
I laughed.
I'm still laughing.
In fact, I was going to post the same exact thing and was disappointed when he stole my joke.
Not funny, Joe.
Post a Comment